Located in the Centegra Health Center in Huntley, Illinois, the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center offers a multidisciplinary approach to significant weight loss for individuals when all other attempts at weight loss have failed. This is a comprehensive weight loss program that addresses the whole person, combining surgery with behavior-based counseling, exercise and nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian to achieve the most effective results possible. Following surgery, patients are encouraged to participate in a support group that further encourages them as they stick to the program and achieve weight-loss goals.
The journey to better health and quality of life starts with our comprehensive weight loss program:
- Free informational sessions
- Consultation with Dr. Amir Heydari
- Consultation with Dr. John Cheregi
- Pre-operative classes and testing, including BMI
- Meetings with a registered dietitian, psychotherapist and an exercise physiologist
- Several minimally-invasive laparoscopic procedure options
- Post-operative appointments with your surgeon
- One year membership for you and a support person at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center
- Visits with a certified Wellness Coach
- Ongoing support group meetings twice per month facilitated by a registered nurse featuring educational programs on healthy diets, exercise, and weight loss tips taught by physicians, counselors, nurses, dietitians and trainers
- Facebook support group page
- Clothing sales—sell the clothes you undergrow and get some that fit
- Social events—summer picnic, Halloween party and holiday party
- Continuing contact with the program nurses and dietitians
Our commitment to you does not end after surgery. Our lifelong support system will monitor your long-term health status and weight loss success, helping you reverse the negative impact of obesity.
Our minimally-invasive weight loss surgery procedures include:
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAP Band™ and Realize Band™)
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve
- Surgical revisions
Our bariatric surgery program is unique in its approach to the care of the patient struggling with obesity.
Our non-invasive weight loss surgery procedures include:
- Endoscopic Revision
Endoscopic Revision is an outpatient procedure available to former gastric bypass patients with a BMI of 27+.
The following characteristics set Centegra apart:
- Personalized continuum of care available to patients through our multidisciplinary clinic
- Team of nutritionists, mental health clinicians, exercise physiologists, dietitians, and other healthcare professionals
- Comprehensive support services
- Commitment to the long-term support and care of our patients
To talk to our Healthy Living Navigator or for more information, call 877-CENTEGRA (877-236-8347).
*The results shown are not typical, individual results might vary based on actual program participation.