Located in the Centegra Health Center in Huntley, Illinois, the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center offers a multidisciplinary approach to significant weight loss for individuals when all other attempts at weight loss have failed. This is a comprehensive weight loss program that addresses the whole person, combining surgery with behavior-based counseling, exercise and nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian to achieve the most effective results possible. Following surgery, patients are encouraged to participate in a support group that further encourages them as they stick to the program and achieve weight-loss goals.
The journey to better health and quality of life starts with our comprehensive weight loss program:
- Free informational sessions
- Consultation with Dr. Amir Heydari
- Pre-operative classes and testing, including BMI
- Meetings with a registered dietitian, psychotherapist and an exercise physiologist
- Several minimally-invasive laparoscopic procedure options
- Post-operative massage by a masseuse-trained nurse
- Post-operative appointments with Dr. Heydari
- FREE two-month membership for you and a support person at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center through the Centegra WellBridge program.
- Ongoing support group meetings twice per month facilitated by a registered nurse featuring educational programs on healthy diets, exercise, and weight loss tips taught by physicians, counselors, nurses, dietitians and trainers
- Facebook support group page
- Clothing sales—sell the clothes you undergrow and get some that fit
- Social events—summer picnic, Halloween party and holiday party
- Continuing contact with the program nurses and dietitians
Our commitment to you does not end after surgery. Our lifelong support system will monitor your long-term health status and weight loss success, helping you reverse the negative impact of obesity.
Our minimally-invasive weight loss surgery procedures include:
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAP Band™ and Realize Band™)
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve
- Surgical revisions
Our bariatric surgery program is unique in its approach to the care of the patient struggling with obesity.
The following characteristics set Centegra apart:
- Personalized continuum of care available to patients through our multidisciplinary clinic
- Team of nutritionists, mental health clinicians, exercise physiologists, dietitians, and other healthcare professionals
- Comprehensive support services
- Commitment to the long-term support and care of our patients
For these reasons and many more, individuals in Huntley, Crystal Lake, Lake in the Hills, Cary, and the surrounding areas choose Centegra to help them achieve their weight loss goals.
To talk to our Weight-Loss Navigator or for more information, call 877-CENTEGRA (877-236-8347).