Rich in monounsaturated fats, avocados are shown to lower the risk of heart disease and improve LDL levels. Try replacing mayonnaise on your sandwich with avocado!
- ½ avocado
- 3 Tbsp plain fat-free yogurt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 2 Tbsp fat-free Italian dressing
- 4 whole grain tortillas (10”)
- 12 oz thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Add yogurt and chili powder to avocado and mix well. In a medium bowl, toss lettuce and tomatoes with dressing. Spread 1 ½ Tbsp avocado mixture on tortilla. Add 3 oz turkey, ¼ lettuce mixture and 5 slices cucumber. Roll and enjoy!
Nutrition Information for 1 wrap (Yield: 4 wraps):
Calories: 380, Fat: 9 grams (2 grams saturated), Fiber: 10 grams, Protein: 26 grams