Tiki Chicken Skewers
1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 kiwi, peeled, chopped
2 Tbsp bottled low-sodium teriyaki marinade
Kiwi Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
3 kiwi, peeled, chopped
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
1. Puree kiwi and teriyaki marinade in food processor until smooth. Do not crush kiwi seeds by over-blending. Place chicken in medium bowl. Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes. While chicken is marinating prepare Dipping Sauce.
3. Arrange chicken on skewers. Preheat grill to medium-high and brush with oil.
4. Grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
1. Puree kiwi in food processor until smooth, do not crush kiwi seeds.
2. Place all ingredients in small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, for one minute until thickened.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information (per serving): 250 calories, 4 grams fat (1 gram saturated fat), 20 grams total carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 32 grams protein, 381 mg sodium, 40% sodium, 40% selenium, 21% chromium, 25% phosphorus, 39% vitamin K, 32% vitamin B6, 69% niacin, 118% vitamin C