If you live in Crystal Lake, Huntley, Lake in the Hills, Algonquin, or the surrounding areas, Centegra Healthy Living Institute has the expertise and technological capabilities to help you reach your weight loss goals. The procedure use a two-surgeon approach for each weight loss surgery, and each procedure is performed laparoscopically, when possible.
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Over the past 20 years, the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass procedure has been performed more than any other weight loss surgery in the United States. It is also commonly known as gastric bypass. Characteristics of this weight loss surgery include:
- Restricts both the food intake and amount of calories and nutrients the body absorbs to promote weight loss.
- A small pouch is created to restrict food intake.
- A “Y” shaped section of the small intestine is attached to the pouch to allow food to bypass the lower stomach, the first portion of the small intestines, the duodenum, and the first portion of the jejunum.
The gastric band is the only adjustable, reversible bariatric surgery that does not require cutting and stapling of the stomach or GI re-routing to bypass normal digestion. The Centegra Healthy Living Institute uses the LAP Band™ and Realize Band™ for gastric banding. Characteristics of the gastric band procedure include:
- An adjustable gastric band, also known as a weight loss belt, that is placed around the upper part of the stomach to restrict the amount of food the stomach can contain
- Adjustments are made through a port that is placed under the skin
The sleeve gastrectomy, also known as a gastric sleeve, is a restrictive procedure that involves:
- Most of the stomach being removed from the body to create a “sleeve” shaped stomach.
- Weight loss occurs because patients are only able to eat a small amount of food at a time.
Take a tour of the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center:
Have questions? Call (847) 802-7230 to register for our FREE Weight-Loss Surgery Information Session.