2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
2 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
1 large red onion, cut into 1” pieces
2 large lemons
Zest from one lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Place the chicken, zucchini and onions in a zip top bag.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients in the zip top bag and marinate for 1-4 hrs.
- To assemble the kebabs: alternate chicken, zucchini and onions on 5 skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill the kebabs for 8-10 minutes or until chicken in cooked through.
Nutrition Information per serving (5 servings total, 3 oz chicken each skewer): 165 calories; 7 grams fat (1 grams saturated fat); 5 grams carbohydrates; 21 grams protein; 218 mg sodium; 1 g fiber. Exchanges per serving: 3 oz protein, 1/4 c vegetable
Recipe adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com