- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cups diced apples
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, applesauce and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the peanut butter and the apples. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and oatmeal is set.
Nutrition (8 servings): 230 calories, 10 g protein, 28 g carbs, 160mg sodium, 10 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 4 g fiber
Recipe from www.twopeasintheirpod.com
If you’d like to learn more about hearthealthy eating, including more budget-friendly tips, schedule an appointment with a registered dietitian at the Centegra Healthy Living Institute by calling 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347).